PROPERTY ADAPTATION FOR SPECIAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY
At Urban Building Projects we always focus on the needs of our customers. For customers who are disabled, elderly, have learning disabilities or are generally injured or infirm, we will work with you, with your carers and health professionals to transform your property from a space filled with difficult daily challenges to a beautiful, safe home that supports your abilities and independence.
We are sensitive to the special nature of building for those with mobility impairment, special needs and disabilities, and over the years have developed the skills necessary to work in this extremely rewarding field. In addition to the practical challenges presented by this work, we prioritise the personal needs of all involved; our clients, their families and their carers.
We are experienced in working for a wide range of special needs customers, from private individuals, companies, large care homes and medical facilities.
Our special needs and disability building services include:
- Adapting properties for full level access internally and externally
- Hoist installation including special feature trusses for ceiling support
- Widening doors to accommodate wheelchair access
- Lift installation
- Wet rooms, disabled shower areas and specialist baths, showers and body dryers
- Fully disabled kitchen installation or adapting kitchens for disabled use
- Adjusting light fittings and sockets throughout
- Adapting or installing alarms
- Installation of electrical circuitry for assistive technology
- Motion sensitive internal doors
- Automated external gates
- Adapting existing entrance roads and driveways
- Internal and external DDA disabled ramp installation.